I have SO MUCH resentment for Triumph in the Skies 2 right now, it’s not even funny.
A few weeks ago, the HKChannel weibo released some information/spoilers about Triumph in the Skies 2. I was enraged but was hopeful before anything is confirmed. So I took it with a grain of salt. However, on the 18th (yesterday), Triumph in the Skies 2 held a press conference with the cast and staff, and whatta-you-know-it, I hear confirmation from the actors themselves and I had to refrain from breaking my laptop, to say the least.
So this is how things will pan out:
- Francis Ng - Reprises the role as Sam 唐亦深 (yay, right? Read on.), he will develop romantically with Fala Chen‘s character after Zoe dies (WTF right? I know!)
- Myolie Wu – Oh, if you think Myolie Wu is off this drama due to Zoe’s death, then nope. Big fat nope, in fact, this is the BIGGEST whatthefuckery about this drama. Wu will return as Zoe for, oh, a good TWO episode. Then, Zoe dies. And
comes back aliveWu becomes another character who falls for Issac (Ron Ng).
- Fala Chen - The female leg of the love triangle with Sam and Chilam Cheung’s character. I guess TVB is aiming to get Fala Chen as the next TVB Television Queen (視后) because why else would they ruin the whole entire storyline so that Chen can play the most important character in here?!
- Chilam Cheung – Women’s man, play boy type of character. Gets romantically tangled with Fala Chen and love rival of Sam.
- Ron Ng- Issac, again. He develops feeling but is conflicted to start a relationship with girl possessing his late sister-in-law’s face (I’ll say. That’s not awkward or anything).
- Kenneth Ma – Picks up his old role as Roy. Cool, I am fine with that. But I am not a fan of his pairing with Elena Kong 江美儀, and this is a preference thing.
Really?! If this is the sequel you are going to feed me, then I prefer that you rewrite the whole friggin thing. In fact, the trailer from the TVB Sales Presentation is better than this. I mean, does no one think it’s effing weird that if Wu’s new character ends up marrying Issac, Sam has to see that Zoe doppleganger everyday, but can still fall for someone else. That face doesn’t bring back any memories? No? OK. Whatever.
THIS IS NOT THE REALITY I WANT!
I’ve always known not to trust TVB with ANY sequels, but this is PLAIN butchering. I can’t even.
I honestly have NOTHING to look forward to now. At this point, I really don’t care if everyone die off. I am gonna act like this never happened and that Triumph in the Skies ends when Sam and Zoe got married.